August Store Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF MALAYSIA AND INTERNATIONAL FOLLOWERS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATIONS. WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASSOCIATED COSTS TO REDEEM THE PRIZE.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of the August Store Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is August Store Sdn Bhd (the "Sponsor"), whose decisions are final and binding as to all aspects of this Giveaway. Any inquiries regarding this Giveaway are to be directed to Sponsor.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 4 p.m. (GMT+8) on August 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on August 7, 2021 (the "Entry Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device and Sponsor shall determine timeliness of entries in its sole discretion. Entries received after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Any proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor has the right to change the Entry Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Giveaway, at any time and in its sole discretion.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, Participants will have to follow August Store instagram account, like the Giveaway post and tag 1 friend on the Giveaway post. Per tag, per comment is considered as 1 entry. Participants are not allowed to tag the same account in multiple comments.
- RANDOM DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner ("Potential Winner") from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The winner is considered a Potential Winner pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules. Potential Winner will be contacted by e-mail, phone or mail (as applicable) approximately five (5) business days after the random drawing using the contact information given at the time of Entry in order to verify eligibility and confirm him or her as the winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact any Potential Winner or if the Potential Winner fails to comply with these Rules or applicable law, the Potential Winner’s Prize is forfeited and an alternative winner will be randomly selected. The Prize will be awarded within approximately thirty (30) days after the Potential Winner is verified by Sponsor and all "Winner Requirements” (detailed in section 8 below) have been met.In the event of a dispute over the identity of the Potential Winner, Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email account submitted at the time of Entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor will disqualify anyone suspected of entering by opening two separate accounts with different email addresses. The Potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry and that all eligibility requirements are met. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. Entrant is responsible for notifying Sponsor in writing if his or her email or other contact information has changed.
- PRIZE AND THE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): Upon completion of the Winner Requirements, the Potential Winner will receive 2 units of Vue Shield Clear valued at RM169 each and 1 unit of Boy Smells Candles, 240g valued at RM229 each (the "Prize"). The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize awarded in this Giveaway is RM557. The ARV represents the Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. The Prize will be awarded only if the Potential Winner fully complies with these Rules. The Potential Winner agrees that he or she accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. No transfer, assignment, exchange, refund or substitution of a Prize (or portion of any Prize) is permitted unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. The Potential Winner must protect and treat the Prize as he or she would treat any other valuable document. Potential Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual costs are less than the ARV in these Rules or in lieu of the Prize awarded. Prize may not be combined with any other offer or any other promotional benefit. If the Potential Winner is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize becomes unavailable or cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Prize will not be replaced or replenished if it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without the winner's permission. Prize pictured in advertising, marketing or promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only. All costs, including federal, state and local taxes, insurance, any costs/expenses related to participation in the Giveaway or acceptance or use of the Prize, and other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Potential Winner. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THE WINNER SHALL TAKE THE PRIZE "AS IS" AND AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER REQUIREMENTS: The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid proof of identification for tax reporting purposes. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize, and/or fails to return the Price Claim Documents within the applicable time period (7 working days), Sponsor may elect to disqualify the Potential Winner, who will then forfeit his or her right to receive the Prize. In the event the Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may (in its sole discretion) award the Prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries or not award the Prize. Arrangements for delivery of the Prize will be made after winner validation. Potential Winner must be at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in his/her state/province or jurisdiction of primary residence. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify the Potential Winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the Potential Winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Rules, the Potential Winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Entry and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Entry for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Potential Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Entry and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Entry. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.